... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Maps does not show in windows XP
Hello,

When I lauched Routeconvert for the first time I have been prompted if I'd like to see the map or not ( or if I'd like to connect to Google maps or not, I can't remember). As aswered NO.

When I load a file, no map is shown. But now I really would like to see the map with the file.

Could you give me information on where this parameter is stored as I can modify it.

Best regards.
Hi aristide,

there is no parameter I know of to determine whether you can see the map or not. The key to solving your problem seems that prompt you've answered. What was it exactly?
--
Christian
routeconverter Wrote:Hi aristide,

there is no parameter I know of to determine whether you can see the map or not. The key to solving your problem seems that prompt you've answered. What was it exactly?

Hello Christian,

I fell that either the lock is in Windows (for example in the Windows firewall) or in the Routeconverter parameters.

If I switch off the Windows firewall, no change.

I am sure there is somewhere in the PC a file that stores the Routeconverter parameters because when I launch it, it keeps the memory of the last file I loaded. My thought is to delete this file and see what happens.

Do you know how to reset the Windows firewall to zero ?

Thank you for your support.
Aristide
aristide Wrote:I am sure there is somewhere in the PC a file that stores the Routeconverter parameters because when I launch it, it keeps the memory of the last file I loaded. My thought is to delete this file and see what happens.

Have in look in the registry below [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\slash\navigation]. I'm not aware of any registry setting that enables or disables the map but you might try to delete all the settings. Won't hurt.

aristide Wrote:Do you know how to reset the Windows firewall to zero ?

No. But the first result for http://www.google.de/search?q=reset+windows+firewall looks promising.
--
Christian
Wink 
Hi aristide,

please check, whether you have two small black triangles at the top left side of the screen (see attachment).

If so, then try to click at the lower of the two triangles. The screen should change to the splitted window mode.
The map should be shown at the left, the converter section should be shown at the right.

Does this solve your problem?
Best regards, Mathew
--
Matthias
Cool tip!
--
Christian
Hello,

I am sure the problem I have is not due to Routeconverte istself. It is a great sofwtware that works perfectly on another PC and at half on my PC.

I suspect this is due to my PC configuration.

I tried the two Christian's ideas. Nothing is changed.

In addition, opposisite to what I can see on the second PC, in my PC the Routeconverter GUI is larger than the windows. Refer to the screen shot that is attached.
Is it due to the Java configuration ? I have got the last Java revision.

Thank you for all ideas and and piece of advice you can tell me.

Best wishes.
Aristide

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is really a problem of my PC.

It is no longer possible to exit Routeconverter.
I need to hit "Ctrl+Alt+Del" to stop the task.
It seems it is a Java error.

I disintalled Java. I manually deleted the java directory. I cleaned the register. But the problem is still there.
routeconverter Wrote:Cool tip!
Yep, but it didn't work Sad

@Christian: You wrote this in the german section http://www.routeconverter.de/forum/showt...php?tid=29, a long time ago. Is this still valid?

@aristide: Your screenshot indicates that you use Mozilla. Can you reach GoogleMaps at your PC with the InternetExplorer?
--
Matthias
kumo Wrote:
routeconverter Wrote:Cool tip!
Yep, but it didn't work Sad

@Christian: You wrote this in the german section http://www.routeconverter.de/forum/showt...php?tid=29, a long time ago. Is this still valid?

@aristide: Your screenshot indicates that you use Mozilla. Can you reach GoogleMaps at your PC with the InternetExplorer?

Kumo,

Yes I can reach GoogleMaps and log-in into my account with IE.

Aristide.